Here’s how you can import your organization’s email, calendar, contacts, and other data from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail in Google Workspace.
- Sign everybody on your team to G Suite and log in to your Gmail from your desktop or mobile.
- Click Settings in the upper-left corner of your app, choose Accounts and then, Import. Select “Import mail and contacts.”
- A pop-up window will ask you to sign in to your Outlook account. Gmail automatically inputs the port number. In a case where it does not; you can perform a simple search for the port number in your Outlook.
- Follow the instructions given by Gmail and click save at the end. Gmail takes care of the rest. Your contacts and messages on Outlook will be synchronized automatically into your new Gmail account. All your messages on Outlook should be automatically forwarded to your Gmail address for 30 days.
- Keep your Outlook address open and active while carrying out the migration. Doing this prevents instances of lost messages when there are issues with the importing and forwarding processes, although this case is quite rare.
- Now that you have your Outlook successfully migrated to G Suite, you can customize your experience to suit you. You may find some features you are familiar with from Outlook on G Suite. Use the tabs, Labels, Stars, and Filters to organize your mail and ensure your mails are in the right places.